Tuesday 15 April 2014

Self Reflection

When you put your mind to it, you really can accomplish anything.

If you were to ask me 5 years ago if I thought I would be where I am today, I would have told you it was simply a dream that I hoped to have one day.  If you were to ask me 1 year ago if I thought I would be where I am today, I would have said not a chance.  I lost hope back then, I didn't see the possibilities that could have been, instead I allowed negativity to overcome me.

Its truly amazing what can happen to one individual when you change your thought process, your inner thoughts.  When you start to dream big and create goals for yourself and put them on paper and actually think about them.  When you finally say F-U World!! I deserve more than this.  I put myself through college, I paid for it all on my own (With the help of OSAP of course).  I am one of the few in my family who actually finished high school and graduated College with not only one diploma, but three.  The day I sat back and realized, I AM a somebody! That was the day that I decided to BE a somebody.  That's when I stopped making excuses for myself.  That's when I stopped allowing negative thoughts to enter my brain, when I didn't allow others to influence my own personal decisions.  Just because it didn't work for them, didn't mean it wouldn't work for me.

I've realized that there is no helping someone who doesn't want to be helped.  I stopped trying to help those people because all they did was suck the life out of me.  When I finally took the stand to stand alone and think of myself for a change, my life turned for the better.  It's not that I am insensitive now compared to before.  I simply stopped allowing other people to dictate my happiness.  I found happiness in letting go of the past and breathing in the future.  I kept with me the lessons learned from past experiences and used that knowledge for my future choices.

I challenge those of you who feel stuck in a rut to stop putting so much emphasis on negativity and finally taking a stand and doing what you believe is the best thing for you.  I challenge you to take chances and make mistakes but learn from them.  I challenge you to be a better you! Be true to yourself and the rest will always fall into place.

Risk always comes with set backs, but its those set backs that bring you forward.

Challenge on to a better and more happier world. Once we can be happy with ourselves, the rest doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment