Monday 14 July 2014

Everything Happens For A Reason

As a child, I always said "Everything happens for a reason" and always told people to think positively because good things will happen to you.  I'm realizing now that although I promoted this ideology, I never fully believed in it myself.  I always wondered why bad things always happened to me and how I had amazing advice for all my friends but could never reciprocate it for myself, or most honestly, could never follow my own advice.  WHY? It's because I didn't believe in it.  More or less, I didn't believe in myself.

It took a lot of struggles and heart ache in my lifetime to sit and ponder why life had chosen to treat me so poorly when I try to be a model citizen.  I treat people the way I want to be treated, I am an honest person, I am not fake to people or talk about them behind their backs.  I think of myself as a decent friend, so why on earth do bad things keep on happening to me.

It wasn't until this recent event in my life that made me realize the truth behind all of my beliefs that I never truly believed in.  Everything really does happen for a reason no matter how big or small it is.  I am not trying to start a debate on whether fate is real or if religion exists etc.  I am merely stating my opinion on a situation I have recently been put in. For those of you who follow me or know me, know that I was recently evicted unjustly three days after moving into an apartment for July 1st.  I had many supporters who tried to give me their advice and words of encouragement to fight for what was rightfully mine.  I agree 100% you should always stand up for what you believe in and never let people walk all over you.  What I learned is that sometimes there is a time and place for everything, and sometimes being the bigger person is truly the best approach in life.  It isn't about winning, it isn't about always being heard and having the last word.  Sometimes, being polite and choosing the right time to say things or not to say them is the better choice.  I will be honest, it's not always as fulfilling as saying your peace and making sure you get heard; however, I feel that Karma is reciprocated back when you are the bigger person.

I didn't understand or even fathom a reason why I had to move.  I saw it as a huge burden and set back.  The real reason was revealed to me when I finally moved into my new home.  I found that I feel more at home, my dog is more relaxed, she's welcomed there and feels it.  The town, even though it is small makes me feel less isolated from the world.  I can picture the nice evening walks I will be taking with Rose.  I am only an hour away from everyone who matters to me in my life.  I realized that moving farther away isn't always a bad thing. When you allow change to happen in your life, as scary as it can be at times, it usually ends on a good note.

I am happy to say that Rose and I have found our haven.  It took a lot of sweat and tears and patience, but it was all worth it.  I am looking forward to what this new chapter will bring us.

Be positive and be open to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment